Friday, August 10, 2012

Camera Shy?

Today I made an easy how to scrapbook video.  However, making the video was anything but easy.

The story of this video starts with the idea.  When we woke up an idea popped in my head.  I told Susy I'm going to make a video about using templates to make cute picture shapes.  I had never seen a scrapbook video that shows how to do this.  She replied, "that's a horrible idea".  I got the strong feeling Susy believed this video was to simple and also a little stupid.  However, she's supportive and said if I wanted to make the video I was free to.

This was my first time in front of the camera on YouTube and I was needless to say a little camera shy.  How many people were going to see me and say "oh my he looks stupid" I thought to myself.  I know deep in my heart how nice the scrapbook community is, but still I worried.  Facing  my fears, I set up the camera on a tripod and started filming.  Time after time I did something I just didn't like or the phone would ring and I would start over.

My fear of being in front of the camera and the constant interruptions were just the start of my problems.  It is actually incredibly hard to demonstrate scrapbooking with one hand and film with the other.

Eventually I did get the three shots I wanted to get.  Now I only had to do some small cuts and then splice them all together.  Sounds simple enough and that's exactly what I did.  However, when I saved the file it destroyed the video and made it very blurry.  I tried again but sadly the quality came out just as bad.

If you know what I did wrong please let me know in the comments.  Hopefully, by our next video the quality will be much better.

Happy scrapbooking everyone I hope you enjoy the video

No comments:

Post a Comment