Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seeing the Big Picture when Scrapbooking

When we scrapbook, It's easy to get caught up in all the accessories and fun stickers and forget about the pictures.  However, sometimes a single big picture and not much else can make a really cute page.


4x6

The best way to pick a size for your pictures is to load them onto a home computer to edit them.  That way you have the time to look at them in the different sizes with out feeling like you are making people wait.  Then just ask yourself would this picture look best is a 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10.


 Bigger clearly isn't always better.  In these examples I like the 4x6 photo a lot more than the 5x7 or 8x10.
8x10

5x7
However, when you find a picture that looks great as a 8x10 it makes for an easy, simple, and great looking scrapbook page.






Just check out some of the examples below of layouts in our 2004 Disney scrapbook that used 8x10 photos. Some are more complex then others, but everyone is a very simple layout that looks great even with out all the stickers and such.  In the end layouts are about displaying our memories after all and why not do that with a big picture every now and then.












2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I see you have been doing scrapbooking for a while. Are you doing it all by hand on books etc, or do you do any digital scrapbooking. I am looking for a good digital scrapbooking software to create digital albums for my photo's.
    I want to put my pics of wwalfordphotography.weebly.com into downloadable digital albums.

    Thanks
    Wesley
    a-blast-to-the-past.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wesley,

    My wife and I have always done all our scrapbooking by hand. We have never tried digital scrapbooking. It's nice to hold an actual page in your hand. I did a quick Google search and found scrapgirls.com they seem like they would be good, but we've never used them. I wish I could be of more help.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete