Sunday, September 30, 2012

What do you call cutting out part of a picture?

In the September 11th 2012 post I said fancy cut was cutting an object out of a picture.  An example of what I thought fancy cut was can be seen in the bottom left of this photo.

I went on to explain how although I thought I had heard this I could not find a single source online to back me up.

Turns out there was a good reason why I couldn't find any sources.  Cutting our a part of a picture isn't called fancy cut, it's actually called fussy cut.

I guess we all make mistakes, but wanted to make a correction post before I taught you all an incorrect word.

No comments:

Post a Comment