Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


You may have noticed that the live chat at our store has been off line for the past few days.  That's because I've been busy baking.

We wanted to make Halloween treat bags for all the people who work for Susy at her job.  That's 23 treat bags.  Then we decided to make a cake that everyone at her job could share.



In the end, we made 1 cake, 50 pumpkin shaped brownies, 50 chocolate chip cookies, 23 mummy cookies, 23 biscotti, and 46 sugar cookies.  We tossed the sugar cookies because they didn't taste good.

It all added up to a lot of work, but should  help make everyone Halloween a bit brighter.  I'm usually crazy about taking photos of every little thing so we can scrapbook them.  However, in all the confusion I forgot to take pictures of any of the food.


All I have is this one picture of a mostly finished cake that I sent to Susy yesterday during her lunch break.

The icing isn't perfect, but it's not bad for a novice.

My mom and my sister her husband and children recently visited us.  During the visit my mom taught Susy and I how to decorate cakes including lots of fancy things like making flowers.  It is thanks to my mom that I was able to make a cake this good.

I look forward to showing you the layouts we make from their visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment