Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Perfect Scrapbook Paper

Pineapple Scrapbook Layout
Click to enlarge
Over the next several days I'm going to share some layouts with you from our 2007 scrapbook.  Not every layout in this scrapbook is worthy of it's own post.  However, I think some of them are special for one reason or another and I've been looking forward to sharing them.

Today's layout is named Baby Pina.   For those of you who don't know a pina is a Pineapple in Spanish.

title Baby Pina
Click to enlarge
Seven years ago I heard, if you cut the top off a pineapple and plant it it will grow.

I tried it, and to my delight it did.  This is the picture of my very first pineapple.  I now have 7 plants, but they are all babies of this very first one seen in the picture.

There is nothing particularly special about the layout.  However, I love how the paper which I believe is supposed to be palm fronds but so closely resembles pineapple leaves.  I don't think it could be more perfect.  We tried to pick tropical looking letters for the title.
baby Pineapple
Click to enlarge




In the end is this layout a masterpiece?  No of course not, but it does have good memories behind it and the great paper choice gave me an excuse to talk about it.

1 comment: