Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How to sew a Photo Mat

This isn't a perfectly sewn photo mat,  I almost didn't even post the video because I was ashamed of my craftsmanship, but it does do a good job of explaining how to sew a photo mat.  I see so many sewn mats online with badly made corners or loose strings on top of the mat.  I explain in this video how to avoid those things.  I know that it's very hard to see how I get the strings on the back of the mat.  I'm going to make a new video using white paper and better lighting to show exactly how to do these knots.

If you have any questions about this video or anything else or have have video subject request just let us know.

I hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Thx for the video. I for whatever reason always had the stitch at the corner on the outside so I will definitely try inside next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your next mat sews beautifully for you.

    ReplyDelete