Friday, March 15, 2013

Owl Easter Card

Owl Easter Card
Click to Enlarge
I really like this Easter Card and I'm sure my sister will fall in love with it.  My sister is a huge fan of owls so I wanted owls to be a part of her Easter card.

To make the card I stamped a mother owl and and a branch with 3 baby owls on it.  I colored the stamps with markers and colored pencils and then fussy cut them out. 

The eggs were cut out of the same scrapbook paper that I cut the eggs out of for the Rock On Easter layout. 

The tree that the mother owl is standing on is made using a cloud punch.  I outlined the cloud punches with a white colored pencil.

Finally, after arranging it all on my card and gluing it down I stitched around the edges.

The inside of the card reads,

"Once upon a Time...

There lived a Mother owl named Kim and her three little owlets Ben, Tyler, and Bella.  Kim was very worried because she knew the time was coming.  The time of great hunt.  When she must let her little ones out of the next to scour the surrounding lands for an allusive prey.  This prey comes in the form of mysterious colored eggs filled with candy that appear every year on Easter.  Were her owlets ready for the hunt.  Would they find all these "Easter" eggs?  She knew as all mothers do that only time would give her that answer, but deep down Kim knew her owlets would be just fine."

Tomorrow I will show you an Easter Card I made for my mother.

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the owls and the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little owlies. So super sweet! Your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete