Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's Spring Robot Scrapbook Layout

Spring Robot Layout
Click to Enlarge
I love this layout.  I actually made it last Thursday and I've been looking forward to getting a chance to post it.

I made the layout to show off my garden and replace the layout I had in the April 10, 2013 post that Susy did not like.

Unfortunately, Susy didn't like this layout either so it won't make our scrapbook.  However, I like it so much I'm unlikely to use it for parts like I did my last attempt.  Instead I think I will finish it with pictures of me and my plants and give it to my mom who is visiting soon.



water color robot painting
Click to Enlarge
The robot is my favorite part of this layout.  I hand drew him based on a robot picture that originally came from dragoart. The site has instructions.  However, I didn't follow them I just looked at the picture and made my own spin on it.  After drawing the picture I painted it with watercolors.  Next, I erased all my pencil marks from drawing it and took a blue Faber Castell colored pencil to draw the robot outlines.

I had never tried the technique I used on the gears before.  To make them I glued a piece of tinfoil to card stock and used a cuttlebug gear embossing folder.  I added blue Tim Holtz alcohol ink to the tinfoil and used sandpaper to remove ink from the top of the gears.

Finally I used a blue Faber Castell Gelatos around my robot accessory because I wanted it to stand out more from the background paper.  This was my first experience with Gelatos and it is perhaps too shinny.

Who knows this could be a bad layout, but I love it!  Even though it will never make our scrapbook I wanted to share it with you.  I hope it inspires you to try a new technique today.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I think it's fun and LOVING the robot!!!

    ReplyDelete