Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Handmade Steampunk Birthday Card

handmade steampunk birthday card
Click to Enlarge

inside of steampunk birthday card
Click to Enlarge

steampunk birthdaycard text
Click to Enlarge
handmade metal heart inside heart steampunk
Click to Enlarge
handmade steampunk clock card
Click to Enlarge
 I have to hurry on this post today.   My wife is on her way back from work.  When she gets back we are going to take kitten we found yesterday on the side of the road to the vet for a check up.  I'll tell you more about her very soon.  But I'll have to save it for a different day.  However there is a picture of him at the end of this post. 

In the mean time I'll talk about this steampunk birthday card I made for my wife.  She is really into steampunk scrapbooking currently so I went with a steampunk theme for her birthday.  Almost every single part of this card was made by hand and although the pictures are nice they in no way do it justice.  I'm going to go into details about it all and tell you how I made it in tomorrows post.

Both the outside paper and the inside paper are glossy.
steampunk gears of love
Click to Enlarge

The words took me forever to come up with and I hesitated if I should blurr them or not because it's personal.  However, I really like how it ended up so I decided to share them.  Maybe I will give someone who is trying to come up with what to write in their card an idea.  The words were inspired by a card I found at hallmark, but  I changed the original text a lot.  I'll include a link to the original text tomorrow.
handmade steampunk flower
Click to Enlarge


steampunk present image
Click to Enlarge
 I'm in love the heart seen to the right of this text and found on the cover of the card.  I made this heart by hand.  I'll explain how in the book I'm going to write tomorrow.


handmade steampunk heart
Click to Enlarge
kitten
Click to Enlarge




 If you zoom in on the gears that "run" the clock you will note that each gear has a word on it.  If you read the gears counter clockwise from 11 o'clock It reads "Happy Birthday I heart(love) you.


































I made this metallic looking flower with one blue and white and one red and white paper flower.  I can see you scratching your head.  I also used silver metallic acrylic paint and silver embossing powder.  I'll tell you how I made it in tomorrows post.  Hmm maybe I'll have to split it into a few post just so it's readable.  It really just depends on how long it gets.





The steampunk present has an embossed tinfoil strip on it and gears for a bow.













I cut this heart out of the same shinny paper in the background behind the vellum.  To grunge it up I used combo of stick glue and Tim Holtz distress ink.

Finally here is the kitten.  Isn't she a cutie!  We found her by the side of the road and it took 10 people to rescue her.  Readers of the blog know we already have a cat.  We don't need a 2nd one but we couldn't just leave a kitten there all alone.  Susy might give her to someone at her work or we might keep her we don't know yet.  I'll make sure to tell you much more about her in a different post.


Ok that was a lot of writting I'm supprised I got done before Susy got home.  I have to go get ready to take the cat to the vet now for shots and a check up.

I hope you liked the card :D

Until tomorrow have a great day and happy scrapbooking.

2 comments:

  1. The card is amazing!! LOVING the gears and that heart!! And the kitty is adorable! Good luck at the vets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card so much! And the photo of your cat! I hope the vet trip went well. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete