Monday, June 3, 2013

Handmade Happy Birthday Card

handmade girl birthday card
Click to Enlarge
I made this card for the birthday of my niece Bella.

If you have seen my cards before you know I LOVE LAYERS.  This card surely shows that. The front side has vellum circles I put on pop dots.

I stamped a bicycle and little girl .  I colored them with colored pencils and markers, cut them out, mounted them on a different paper and then cut them out again.  I realize that I didn't color her sleeves and colored them in after taking these photos.

I also stamped and embossed some doilies and the words "happy birthday to you". I put two stacked pop dots under these items so that they are higher on the card then the vellum layer.

pop up birthday card
Click to Enlarge
It all adds up to a lot of pop dots that are hidden under the stamped images and flower.

For the inside I stamped a birthday candle and turned it into a pop up.  I'm going to write blow out the candle on the inside.

I hope you like this card.  I find all your blogs very inspiration and I feel like I get better all the time thanks to you.

pop birthday card candle
Click to Enlarge

multi layer card
Click to Enlarge



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!! LOVING the bicycle and the candle inside!

    ReplyDelete