Friday, July 19, 2013

Card for My Mom

I was watching Martha Stewart the other day with Susy.  Her guest made a card.
Martha Stewart Inspired card
Click to Enlarge

I didn't copy the card.  However, I did find it inspiring and decided to do my own spin on it.  I'm going to give this card to my mom.

To make the card:

1) Find a double sided 12x12 paper with pattern on both sides.
2) Fold the paper into 4 squares.
3) In one of the 4 squares, take a pencil and draw a 3 inch diagonal  line from the center toward each of the 4 corners.
4) Using a craft knife cut along the lines.
5) Gently bend your 4 triangles out toward the edge of the paper.
6) Punch holes thru each of your 4 folded triangles and the paper that is now behind it.
7) Put brads thru the 4 holes securing your triangles in place.
8) Using a corner punch tool round all 8 of your corners.
9) Make an accessory for the center section of the card.
10) Glue the card sections together so that it forms a traditional card shape and hides the back of your brads.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the brads and the flower!!

    ReplyDelete