Monday, July 8, 2013

Handmade Leaf Paper

The other day I was looking around the web for scrapbooking inspiration.  I came across a project that had used leafs and water color sprays to make some truly beautiful accessories.  I saved the page to use for future blog inspiration.

I decided to duplicate the idea using a combination of spray ink and normal ink with the Tim Holtz ink blending took.

I also decided to do several layers of masking because I've seen a lot of that in blogs lately and like how it looks.

For the bottom layer I used tree and fern leafs and a lightly misted the paper with Terra Cotta spray ink around them.

I made a doily and sprayed around it with coffee bean spray ink.  However, I wasn't getting the doily details to stand out using the spray ink.  To fix this I took the bending tool and added Tim Holtz distress Ink Black Soot around the edges of the doily.

Next I used fresh green color box ink and the blending tool to cover the page in green making sure to get plenty of green on the spots where the leafs were.

I found when I was done with this step the green was jumping out way to much.  To fix this I took the blending tool and put a layer of black soot distress ink over the entire paper.

This was my first ever attempt at a project like this and for a first try I really like how it turned out.  I'm going to save the paper and use it on a future project.

1 comment: