Monday, August 19, 2013

Owl Happy Birthday Card

owl birthday card
Click to Enlarge
I made this card to give my sister for her birthday.  She loves owls and her family so I thought what could be a better birthday card than a family of owls.

The owl on the branch is for my mom who lives next door to my sister and helps her a lot with the kids and such.

The two larger owls are for my sister and her husband.  The three smaller ones are for their kids.  I don't have a lot of marker colors so all the owls are pink, but I gave the boys blue eyes.

The stamped happy birthday title was mounted on cardstock and has pop dots under it.  The balloons are actually Chinese lantern stamps that I turned upside down.  I used an ink pin to draw their strings.
owl family
Click to Enlarge

For the background image I used black Tim Holtz Distress Ink to create a spotlight effect and so that the owls would be against a darker background and pop off the page more.

Happy Birthday Title
Click to Enlarge
On the inside of the card I cut out the flowers from a  different piece of paper and glued them to the paper.  The letter side uses the same paper found on the cards cover sans ink.  I did this to tie the theme on the front to the inside although I'm not sure it worked.  It also has a title that reads a little birdie told me.

I hope you like the card.  I always enjoy looking at all yours.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!



fancy colored owl
Click to Enlarge

birthday card inside
Click to Enlarge

1 comment: