Sunday, August 18, 2013

Owl Stamping Project

colored owls
Click to Enlarge
stamped owls
Click to Enlarge
I recently got some new Spectrum Nor markers.  They have been dying to try them out for over a week, but have never had the time.

I looked at our stamps and found these cute owls.  My sister is a huge fan of owls and her birthday is coming up in a little over a month so I decided to use the owl stamps and make a card out of them when I was done.  I'll have the card in tomorrows post.

I picked out a owl each for my mom (who lives next door to them), my sister, her husband, and their 3 kids.  It was a lot of fun coloring them.  Although it is a little difficult making a owl for my sisters husband and her two sons when the only colors I have are pinks, a red, and a blue.  In the end I decided to give the boy owls blue eyes.

You may also notice in some of the close ups that the Spectum Nor makers bleed a little bit.  Actually they bleed so badly that even though I was very careful and sometimes only touched the marker to the paper for half a sec and then picking it up I had to toss the first owl I made for my sisters husband because it was well UGLY. 

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

fussy cut owls
Click to Enlarge


1 comment: