Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Christmas Digi Stamp

Click to Enlarge
I've never colored a digi stamp before.  I wanted to try them out and for my first time I don't think I did too bad.

If you want to make your own this was a free digi!  The digi is named Scarlett and she's by Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties.

She is 7.25 inches tall making her the largest stamp I've ever colored.

I hope to someday be is talented is Anna, but I know I currently have a long way to go.  I also have a lack of supplies that causes it's own set of problems.  All I can do though is keep trying.

Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out.  I'm going to put it on a card.  I'm thinking I'll give the card to my niece.  She likes the dolls that look like this.

Keep reading to see how I made her.  She has paint, colored pencils, spectrum noir markers, flock, glitter, alcohol, glue, and traditional markers.
Click to Enlarge





 First I printed the image.  Our printer is basically out of ink so the image is hard to see.

Then I used a red spectrum nor marker and a pink one (BP6) to color the dress.  I don't have a blender marker so I tried dipping a q-tip in alcohol and using it to blend the markers.  It worked, but not very well.  I'm looking forward to buying a real blender.


Click to Enlarge






Next, I used acrylic paint to paint her face and legs.  I do not have skin colored markers and the q-tips had smeared red unto her face that colored pencils wouldn't cover up.  I was very unhappy with how I painted the face.  I paint over it again later.
















Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
After that, I grabbed a traditional black marker and traced all the lines and cut her out.




















Click to Enlarge







I used Martha Steward decoupage glue to add flock and glitter to the fur.











Click to Enlarge







Last but not least, I repainted the face.

I hope you like my first ever digi stamp.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

1 comment: