Sunday, September 29, 2013

Handmade Noel Christmas Card

Handmade Noel Christmas Card
Click to Enlarge
I made this Christmas Card for my mom.

It was the first time that I've made a card with layered stamped images that line up.

The first step was making the basic card.

After that I had to cut a window in it that would show the snowflake on inside of the card.  I simply turned the stamp I planned to use upside down, traced it, and cut it out.

Then I closed the card and stamped the inside of the card thru the hole I had cut in the front.  I used shiny embossing powder on the snowflake.

Noel Christmas Card
Click to Enlarge
Christmas Card
Click to Enlarge
The Noel stamp was made using metallic silver embossing powder.   The first step was stamping and embossing Noel across the snowflake in the center of the card.  That way I knew it would show up in the window I had made.  Then I took a small piece of vellum and put it behind my window to prevent getting my 2nd Noel stamp on the first one.   Finally all that was left to do was line up the new Noel stamp with the first one and emboss it.

I'm hope this how to is slightly more clear than mud.  Making the card was easier then trying to explain how I made it.

I'm going to have a new Christmas Card in tomorrow's post.

Until then, have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

2 comments: