Thursday, September 5, 2013

How to Make Paper Doily

handmade paper doily
Click to Enlarge
It's easy to make a paper doily.  These examples aren't perfect, but I find every time I make one it comes out better then my last try.
paper circles
Click to Enlarge














 
Step One:

Make a circular piece of paper.  In this example I made my circles using a 3 inch circle punch.









Martha Stewart corner punch
Click to Enlarge





Step Two:

Get out a corner punch. 









how to make a paper doily
Click to Enlarge
Step Three:

Turn your corner punch upside down so you can see your paper. 

Step Four:

Put your paper into the punch.  Slide it over the guides that are put on corner punches for square papers.  Make sure that the edges of both sides of the punch are equal distant from the edge of the paper.

Step Five:

Line up your punch with the edge of the last punch you made on one side and equal distant from the edge of the paper on the other.

Step Six:

Repeat step 5 until done.  If your punches don't perfectly line up at the edge of the circle you can always cover the imperfection with a photo or accessory.  I used Martha Stewart corner punches on my examples and they fit close to perfect.

I hope this how to helps you make a paper doily

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

Paper Doily
Click to Enlarge



3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!! Thanks for the how-to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, yours look great!!! Gotta go try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and very clever!! Your doilies look fabulous, and thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete