Thursday, September 5, 2013

How to Make a Paper Piecing Simple Vanity with Mirror

paper piecing vanity with mirror
Click to Enlarge



In yesterdays post, I showed you how to make a simple paper mirror.
Today's post will show you how to turn that mirror into a simple vanity.










stamped circles
Click to Enlarge

I should start this post with confession.  I didn't show you everything that I actually colored or stamped yesterday.   See those two circles underneath the journaling stamp.  I cropped them out of yesterdays post, but they're an important part of the finished mirror.

how to make a paper piecing vanity with mirror
Click to Enlarge
I attached the two circles to the front of the mirror.  They act is stands for the mirror holding it up over the vanity.

The vanity is very easy to make. 

Cut two legs 1/4 inch wide by 3 inches long.

Cut the top of your vanity 3/4 inch wide by 5 inches long.

The drawer is 4 inch wide by 1/2 inches tall.

Then ink all the pieces and glue them together.

You might want to add a few extra decorations also like I did on the ends of my drawers. 
paper piecing vanity and mirror
Click to Enlarge

Now just glue your mirror to the back of the vanity.

On Saturday, I'll make a post with a fancy version of this vanity.

However, tomorrow I'm going to show you the digi stamp I colored to go with this vanity and explain a new technique I discovered for blending colored pencils.




Until then, have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment