Monday, September 23, 2013

How to make a Vellum Bow

Vellum Bow
Click to Enlarge
This tutorial on how to make a vellum bow is based on similar one I found at how about orange.  Knowing how to make one might just come in handy next time you have to wrap a gift last minute or want to make it extra special.

It took me two tries to make my bow and I learned a little during the process, so  I wanted to make my very own how to and share what I learned.



1st:  Cut a vellum paper into strips 3/4 inch wide.  You will need 3 that are 10 1/2 inches long, 3 that are 9 1/2 inches long, 2 that are 8 1/2 inches long, and 1 that is 3 1/2 inches long.  I found the easiest way to make them was to first cut 9 strips of paper 3/4 inch wide and then trim them all to the proper length afterwards.






2nd:  Turn all but the shortest strip into  mobius strips.  This is easier to do then it sounds.  To do this all you have to do is take one end of the strip and turn it upside down.  Then take that end and bring it to the center of your strip.  Next take the other end of the paper turn it upside down and also take it to the center of the paper.  Finally fasten the two ends to the center.  I used a stapler, but your could also use glue or tape if you wanted.










3rd:  Fasten the same length papers together into a bow shape.












 4th: Fasten the three layers together.  I found a quick drying glue works best for this step.  I sued Glossy accents.

5th: Make your smallest strip into a loop and put it on the top of your bow.










6th: Glue a small paper to the bottom of your bow to flatten it out.













I hope this how to helps

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!







1 comment: