Sunday, September 22, 2013

Multimedia Butterfly Trash to Treasure Part II

Handmade Multimedia Butterfly
Click to Enlarge



My last trash to treasure multimedia project was so fun I had to make a new one.



multimedia butterfly
Click to Enlarge


part of old box
Click to Enlarge
old makeup
Click to Enlarge
This time I started with a old box flap and some old makeup cloths from the trash.

I cut the box flap into a square and then tore off around half of the portion that covers the box corrugation.  I kept the process messy, because I didn't want a clean look.



painted box
Click to Enlarge

Next using acrylic paint I painted the box white.

Then I used blue watercolor paint to paint the box blue.  I painted the corrugated part a light blue and the flat part a fun darker blue design.











Click to Enlarge




For the butterfly I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Die on the makeup cloths.

I soaked the butterfly parts in watercolor paint and then glue them together.  After gluing them together I wanted the wings to stand out more so I used white acrylic paint to accent them.


The clouds were made out of paper scraps from my stash.




Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that butterfly and what you did with the cardboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, I love this trash-to-treasure idea!!! Soooo original, and I'm loving that butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete