Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Handmade Christmas Tree Card

handmade Chrismas Tree Card
Click to Enlarge
Isn't this card cute?  I made it for my nephew Tyler.
Christmas Tree Card
Click to Enlarge

The card is made up of 4 unique Christmas trees.

Strangely enough my favorite thing about this card was an afterthought.  I had finished with the card when I realized that I hadn't added any spot to actually write a letter.  LOL  The scrapbook paper I used for the Christmas tree was far to dark to write a letter on.

That's when I came up with the idea of adding a ribbon that goes around the tree.  Not only did it give me a place to write, but I think it looks great!  I made the ribbon by punching half scalloped circles and then punching inside those circles again.  This gave me double scalloped half circles that I cut to fit my tree.

I'm sure that Tyler will love his card.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!
Christmas Card
Click to Enlarge


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love this!!!!! So unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, this card is amazing! Love how you cut and did the half scallop circles to write on, that looks soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete