Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How to Make a Fancy Paper Piecing Vanity

Click to Enlarge
This is part 4 of my 4 part how to series on this project.

I'm happy that I finally get to show you what it looks like all put together.

This is the same vanity that I showed you how to make the day before yesterday.  It's just prettier.

I added fancy drawers to the vanity for this version.  To make them I cut a strip of paper 1/2 inch by 3 inches.  I used a 1 1/2 inch circle punch to punch the center drawer from the center of this 3 inch strip.  I then used the same punch to round the side of the two pieces of left over paper.  I evenly spaced the drawers on the vanity.

Next, I cut handles for the drawers.  The two small ones are 1/4 by 1/2 inch.  The center one is 1/4 by 1 1/4 inch.  I glued the handles to the center of each drawer.

With all the pieces of the vanity attached I used my Pigma Micron #03 to outline all the parts.

When this was done I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the lace cloth for the top of the vanity.

Next I cut out a vase and glued it to the back of the vanity.

Finally I glued the entire vanity to my background paper.

I used punches to make the flowers.  Then I glued the flowers to the background and drew lines on the paper for their stems.

To make the picture I cut the butterfly from a scrapbook paper.  I mounted it on a paper that I cut slightly larger to make a picture frame.  Then I used my ink pen to outline the photo and frame.  I glued the picture to my background.  Then I punched a small circle and glued it above the picture.  I used my ink pen to draw a line from the picture to the dot holding the picture up on the wall.

Last, but not least I glued my digi stamp by Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties to the page.

I hope you've enjoyed the last few days of how to post.  I know I've enjoyed making this project and sharing it with you.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh I love how this all came together!! Looks gorgeous! LOVING the lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Gary, your finished vanity looks great!!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete