Sunday, October 6, 2013

How to make a Simple Paper Piecing Vanity

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge
Yesterday I showed you how to make a simple mirror.

Today's post will show you how to make that mirror look more fancy and explain how to make a simple vanity to put it on.
Click to Enlarge


First I need to confess that yesterdays blog post did not show you everything that I stamped.  I also stamped and cut out two fancy circles.  They will be stands for the mirror.

To make the vanity you will need to cut:

two legs 1/4 by 3 inches

the top of the vanity 3/4 by 5 inches

and

the draw for the vanity 1/2 by 4 inches.

After cutting out all the parts you should ink the edges of each paper.

Now it's time to glue it all together. 

Glue the two stands you made to the front of your mirror.

Glue the legs to the back of the vanity top 1/4 inch from the edges.

Glue the mirror to the center of the back of the vanity.

Now glue the draw to the center of the front of your vanity.  You may want to glue few other bits of paper to vanity and make it fancy.

I'll show you on Monday how to make this vanity fancy.






Tomorrow I'm going to show you the digi stamp I colored to go with this vanity and a new technique for blending colored pencils that I came up.




Until then, have a great day and happy scrapbooking!




2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is looking good!! Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, you rocked this!!! Looks great! Thanks for sharing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete