Friday, October 4, 2013

Patchwork Rosie Scrapbook Accessory

Patchwork Rosie Accessory
Click to Enlarge
Anna Stillwell has many cute free digi stamps on her site.  Out of all them Patchwork Rosie was by far my favorite.  The moment I downloaded this digi I wanted to use it, but didn't know what for.

A few days passed and Susy started on a new scrap project.  I'll save the details of latest her creation for when she's done.  However, I will say it's making a lot of tiny washi tape scraps.

I'm not the type of person who can just waste things so when I saw a huge pile of washi tape scraps I had to make something out of them.

I started taping them to a paper.  I wasn't sure what I was making but knew it was something.  I'm sure we have all had those times when we create but know know what it will be at the time.

washi scraps 
Click to Enlarge
After just covering a small amount of a paper with patchwork washi tape I made a connection in my mind. A great digi patchwork stamp and patchwork washi should look great together.

I punched my washi patchwork into a circle.

I printed the digi stamp.  Go to her blog if you want to see it.


Coloring Patchwork Rosie
Click to Enlarge
Patchwork Rosie
Click to Enlarge
Next I colored her with my limited supply of alcohol markers.  I used colored pencils for her face and hair.  Our printer is almost out of ink so I used a quality black ink pen to redraw 99% of the digi stamp lines after it was colored.  I didn't redraw the lines of the shirt because I liked those more with just the shading.




Patchwork Rosie Scrapbook Accessory
Click to Enlarge
When I showed Susy my colored creation she really liked it and asked if I wanted the pretty glittered star paper from her stash to put behind it.  I loved it and took the paper, but didn't think to check its name before cutting it up.

The blue background is from my personal stash and of course didn't have brands on it.

I have no idea what I will use this on.  Maybe I'll put it on a card someday or Susy might use it on one of her layouts.




Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!






2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING her skirt and love love love that washi tape circle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, I love how you used the scraps of washi tape!!! Her skirt is awesome! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete