Thursday, November 7, 2013

Everything 4 Scrapbooking News

It would seem that for now I'm done with the store

I've been so busy lately with it that I haven't even had time to write on the blog.  There always seems to be something new that I needs done.

My latest endeavor was add the zip code and tax rate for every county in FL.  That was 1469 zip codes all entered 1 at a time with the tax amount for each one and checked 5 times to make sure I put the correct tax.  I could have finished a lot quicker if I hadn't checked them 5 times, but then it wouldn't be me.  At least this way I knew I didn't make mistakes.

It took me a long boring week to add all those numbers.  After I finished with the taxes I logged into the store is a customer and tried to make a purchase for Florida.  I was heart broken when it didn't work!!!

After contacting customer support I was told I had entered them all wrong.  It was a small mistake but I was going to have to go back into each of the 1469 zip codes and fix it.

Two days later I finished with that project and made several more test orders.  They all worked came up with the correct tax amount for the area in FL I said they were shipping to.  I'm so happy that after all that work our Florida customers will finally be able to easily order from us like everyone else.

The tax project and many other small improvements I've made to Everything 4 Scrapbooking were eating our bandwidth so I'm going to have to call it quits on improvements until next month when we will get more.

In the mean time I should have tons of time to scrapbook and write blog articles.

Today I started on a new unfun project.  I'm checking all the sites that have liked to our store making sure they are all places that we want to link to us.  Sometimes sites that promote lets call it bad behavior will link to upstanding sites trying to get people to visit them.  I'm going to find any sites like that that have linked to us and ask them to remove the link.

I haven't found and "bad" sites yet, but I did find something strange.

I thought we were the first people ever to own the web name www.everything4scrapbooking.com

It's been ours for years now.

However, I've discovered while checking links that it was owned before us by a company called Mahattan Crop and Shop.  It would seem they had a yearly scrapbook festival.  It really is kind of cool, but I don't know what to do about the links.  Crop and shop doesn't exit anymore so contacting the people who wrote the articles is proving very difficult.  They are scrapbook related articles and they do send people to our store, but it feels like fraud to leave them up becasue they aren't about our store.  Hopefully I can figure something out.

I'm looking forward to doing lots of fun blog post starting tomorrow

Until then have a great night and happy scrapbooking

1 comment:

  1. Weird about the site ... hopefully it doesn't cause any problems with your store!!!!

    ReplyDelete