Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How to Make Dots with Copic Markers

How to make dots with Copics
Click to Enlarge
Halloween Potion Bottles
Click to Enlarge

Making dots with Copics is actually very easy.  All you need to do is take the fine tip of your colorless blender and rub it in little circles.  The colorless blender will erase the marker from your project leaving little whitish dots.  You will have to clean off your colorless blender every now and then so that it keep erasing. 

I stamped the blue potion bottle on the front side on Neenah paper.   I also added lines around the bubbles so they would show up better.  All and all it was an easy project that I enjoyed.

The pink potion bottle on the other hand was not easy at all.  It was an experiment.  The image was stamped on vellum using StazOn.  You can't use copic markers with StazOn so I then flipped the vellum over and colored it from the back.  I found it was very hard to blend the Copics on a vellum surface.   It was also much harder to erase the bubbles from the vellum.

I have one more Copic Marker technique to show you tomorrow.  If I can find a stamp that works.

Until then have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

1 comment: