Saturday, December 14, 2013

Free Orchid Digi Stamp

This is my 2nd digi stamp to make.  I like how it turned out.  I've developed a new process for making my digi stamps that I'll share later in the post.  However, before I go on and on here is the free digi.


orchid digi stamp
Free Digi Stamp Click to Enlarge and then Right click Image to Save

I colored an example of the digi to share with you.


colored digi stamp
Click to Enlarge

For those of you who want to know how my digi making has improved so much since my last digi that was was cute, but IMO not very good.  Keep reading.


bee digi stamp
Click to Enlarge

OK so how did I do it?

I started by going outside and taking some photos.  I picked a photo of one of my orchids for this digi.


orchid
Click to Enlarge

Next I ran the photo thru a coloring book program and got this back.


coloring book style orchid
Click to Enlarge


This is actually a pretty image IMO, but has to much going on and all those little dots wouldn't look good when you colored it. I used my computer to erase many of the dots and then printed out the picture.


how to make a digi
Click to Enlarge

Next I took my printed photo and got out my ink pen.  I outlined all the orchids filling in lines that were missing.


making a digi
Click to Enlarge

Finally I was starting to get close to finishing.  I re-uploaded the photo to the computer and finished removing the dots.  Looking at the image I didn't like the flower on the left.  I used the computer to change it.  I also added a branch coming off the right flower and moved the branch going to the left flower.  Last, but not least I used the computer to turn this image into a transparency.  By doing this I was able to give the image a pure white background that I was not able to achieve in any other way.   Note that my bee digi isn't on a pure white background.

free orchid digi stamp
Click to Enlarge

I hope you like my new digi.  It wasn't easy to make, but I loved getting to make something of value to share with my scrappy friends.  If I receive positive comments I make many more free digi stamps.  If you have a digi stamp request let me know and I will do my best to take a photo of that item and turn it into a digi.


You are welcome to make any creation you want with this digi.  Please give credit to this blog and don't share the raw digi image if you use this digi in a post.  I work hard on my free digi stamps and hope they bring traffic to the blog.  Thanks for understanding.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you colored it too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete