Tuesday, January 21, 2014

America the Beautiful Title

Susy and I are planning on going to New York City for our 10 anniversary so I've been feeling a little more patriotic than usual lately.  It's still going to be a few months until we go, but we are both very excited.

I'm sure there will be countless NYC layouts that I get to share with you later this year.  In the mean time Susy is scrapping like crazy trying to catch up on all our backed up photos so that she can scrap our trip pictures right away when we get back.

Today, I have a very simply title I made to share.

America the Beautiful title
Click to Enlarge
To make this title all I did was stamp America the Beautiful onto a cloud paper that I distressed and then glued that to a black paper.  I say all I "all I did" like it was easy.  In reality I really wanted to make this, but the stamp was likely gotten out a $1 bin somewhere and wouldn't work.  After 8 or so failed tries I got a stamp to turn out good enough that I was able to restamp over the same image and get this title tag.

After telling Susy my troubles and showing her what was wrong with this stamp it ended up in the trash.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm cheap, but quality scrapbook stamps are worth a few extra cents.

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

3 comments:

  1. Bummer that the stamp wasn't good quality for you .. I am liking the title you did though!!! :) And NYC ... my home!!!!!! I love it there!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Julie! We are going for a full week so should have time to see a lot of things. Any little known attractions or sights you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC is awesome, one of my beloved city in the world, I lived there for 8 years and going back next week too, I still have my girl studying at the college there, and we go back very often to see her!

    ReplyDelete