Friday, January 31, 2014

How to Make a Cool Scrapbook Accessory

This accessory is part of card that I made to give Susy for our 10 year anniversary.  I did two techniques for the first time on this card, so I'm going to break the card down into 3 post.  The first two will explain how I made parts of it and the finial post will be the reveal.

Without further adieu, here is what I'm going to explain how to make today.
cool scrapbook accessory

First I punched 2 12 inch long strips of paper using a Martha Stewart punch. 
how to make scrapbook accessories with a punch
 Next I folded the paper strips back and forth along the punched design and glued the two 12 inch strips together into one circle.
how to make a scrapbook accessory with a punch

how to make a cool scrapbook accessory step 2
  Then I stitched along the inside edge of the circle and pulled the thread tight to create my accessory.
sewing paper

sewing paper


The last step is covering the center of the accessory.  I punched, stamped, colored, and heat embossed my center paper to create my heart with a key on it.

you have the key to my heart scrapbook accessory


I'm sure there is an easier way to make this accessory.  I made up this technique to use on this card.

In tomorrows post I'm going to show you the tried and true technique of masking with stamps.  I know most of you already know how to do this.  I've seen it done at shows for years, but I've never done it myself until now.  Being it's my personal first time I wanted to make a post on it.

I hope you enjoyed the sneak peak of my card.  I'm looking forward to showing off the completed project.

Have a great day and happy scrapbooking!

2 comments: