Sunday, February 23, 2014

All Natural Beauty Card

Click to Enlarge
This card has a lot of first for me.

My first first was the Layering Dye and Pigment Inks technique.  I learned about it on Handmade Little Things that had a link to a how to at inspired apertrey ink.  I used the technique on the black paper with the All Natural Beauty title.  First I stamped dragonflies with ColorBox Pigment Cyan ink.  Then I used Marcella Evergreen Dye Ink with a fancy leaf stamp and stamped over the dragonflies. I love how the two stamps look layered on top of each other.

Click to Enlarge
The next first for me was the use of sisal twine.  I got a huge roll of sisal twine at the dollar store last weekend so I would have a cheap twine to use in my garden instead of using our expensive scrapbooking twine.  I really like the the natural look of the sisal.   I used it whole against my black and frayed to hold my two glass beads.  The frayed fibers to give it a distressed look.

Click to Enlarge
My next first was the use of the tiny attacher.  We have had a tiny attacher for several months, but I had never actually used it.

Click to Enlarge

My last first was using the chicken wire stamp from BoBunny.  It was in one of a few stamp sets that Susy got me for Valentines Day.  I stamped it several times in both black and silver.



I love how the card turned out and hope it inspires you to try something new for the first time.




Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!


Click to Enlarge


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the natural elements you added to this!!!

    ReplyDelete