Friday, February 21, 2014

How to Make an Easel Card

How to make an easel cardA few days back I was surfing scrapbook blogs and came across a person trying to sell instructions for making an easel card.

I said to myself I can make that without instructions and got out my scissors.

Around 30 minutes later I had my very own easel card. Here is how you can make one of your own.
  1. Get a 12x12 Scrapbook paper.
  2. Cut it in half so you have two 12x6 paper
  3. Cut one of the 12x6 papers in half into two 6x6 papers.
    asian paper
    Click to Enlarge

  4. Take your 12x6 paper and fold it in half.  Next fold one of the halves in half again.  You should now have a fold at the 6 and 9 inch points of this paper.
    easel card how to
    Click to Enlarge
  5. Glue one of your 6x6 papers over the 6x6 section of your larger paper.
  6. Glue the top half of your other 6x6 paper to the top 6x3 fold of your larger paper.  You now have the basics of the card.
  7. Cut a 6x1 strip of paper and attach it to the 6x6 paper that is glued completely to your larger paper.  I attached it at the 3 inch point with pop dots, but the closer you place yours to the fold the more upright your easel will stand.
    making an easel card stand up
    Click to Enlarge
For the card I used the free digi stamp I made for yesterdays post along with a couple of stamps from our stash.
asian card
Click to Enlarge

stamped bee
Click to Enlarge

stamped flower
Click to Enlarge

asian easel card
Click to Enlarge

Once Upon a Time Easel Card
Click to Enlarge

easel card back
Click to Enlarge

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

1 comment: