Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stamp Masking How to

This was my first time masking with stamps so I wanted to make a post about it.

The technique is actually very easy.  All you have to do is block the areas you do not want to stamp with a different paper and then stamp over your mask.

Here are some examples from a card that I recently made.

stamp masking how to

I made this example with two different flower stamps.  I stamped both of my flower stamps onto scrap paper and cut them out.  Next, I stamped the large corner flower on my card.  Now comes the fun part.  I took the my cut out version of the corner flower and placed it on top of the flower stamped on my card.  Then I took a smaller flower stamp and stamped a flower so that it would look like it was behind the large flower.  I repeated this process several times.

you have my whole heart for my whole life

In some ways this 2nd example is much simpler.  I made one mask of my flower and put it on the paper when doing my wood plank stamping.  I did learn one thing doing this though.  It was extremely difficult to hold the flower mask in one place while I did multiple stamps on top of it.  Until I did this project I never understood why anyone would buy repositionable tape.  I thought if I tape something down I want it to stay down.  Finally I know why you would need it :)

I hope you enjoyed this 2nd sneak peak of my anniversary card for Susy.  I will have the completed card in tomorrows post.

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking

1 comment:

  1. What awesome techniques you are sharing for this card! I am LOVING this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete