Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Tallest Tomato Plant Ever

tallest tomato plant
Click to Enlarge
I'm taking a day away from scrapbooking post today to show off my massive tomato plant.

I lived in the country when I was little.  My family always had a very large garden, but my favorite thing in it was always tomatoes.  Now that I'm and adult I live in the city and don't have room for my very own large garden but  I greatly enjoy taking care of potted plants on our porch.  Among my favorites are my 3 tomato plants.  I love the smell of tomato plants and the taste of fresh tomatoes.

I know when I was little our tomato plants were around 3 feet tall.

So how big is my biggest tomato plant ever?   It's now over 9 feet tall and it has two tomatoes growing on it's top branch along with several others on lower branches. 

In the photo it's the tallest plant.  The second tallest is a key lime tree growing next to it.

This got me wondering how big was the biggest tomato plant ever.  Mine had to be at least half way there I figured.  I looked up the world record and found out it was almost 920 feet.  I'm no where close to the record, but I still wanted to share my plant with all my scrappy friends.

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that sure is tall, I never have green thumbs, but I do love gardening since I moved to Vegas and have a little vege corner, thanks for sharing, I better go dig out the seed packet now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U must of used miracle grow that they use on TV . LOL

    ReplyDelete