Thursday, March 20, 2014

Trash to Treasure Handmade Spring is in the Air Card

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge


I love how this card turned out.  For the window I used stamp packaging that was on it's way to the trash.  The rest of this card was made of small bit's of paper from my scrap pile.






Click to Enlarge

The inside of the card has some interesting stories to it.  First off I want to note the scalloped center.  That little bit of paper is the only thing holding the two halves of the card together.  In the past I've always had enough paper to at least fold and glue the other half of my card to, but in this case I didn't and had to get creative.  However, I really like the look and find that it allows the card to fold flatter than the traditional methods I usually use. 

The other thing I want to mention is the flowers.  I think they look very cute, but they have a purpose.  The blue paper was to small cover the half of the card I wanted to put it on.  To solve the problem instead of cutting out the frame I cut the paper into 4 parts and glued it around the frame.  This made a new problem now you could see the places where I had glued the papers together not to mention several small surface tears.  I punched some flowers and glued them over the problem areas to hide them.

I hope this inspires you to make something out of those little bits that you might have thrown away otherwise.

When you do need scrapbook supplies don't forget to stop by our store stock up and save.
*Shameless Self Promotion* 

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this!!! LOVING those butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as can be.... Those stamps are gorgeous lucky you kept them.... Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete