Monday, March 17, 2014

Turning your Photo into a Drawing


I see a lot of very cool photos in scrapbooking blogs.  However, when I take pictures I tend to be more of a point and shoot kind of guy.  I'm slowly trying to change that by learning new techniques and tips for taking good photos.

I recently came across a YouTube tutorial for turning a photo into a drawing using gimp.

I used the video to turn this photo

prime outlets bridge in Orlando
Click to Enlarge

into this one

turning yoru photo into a drawing
Click to Enlarge

I'm not going to pretend that my first try at this technique came out perfect, but I'm sure I will get better with practice.

I hope this post inspires you to do try creative with the photos you plan to scrapbook.

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

3 comments: