Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Upscaled Scrapbook Frame

The other day Susy, my wife, was organizing our stamps.  The process basically involved taking the stamps out of their original packaging and putting them in a new package.  When I found out she was going to toss the old packaging I asked for it.

stamp packaging
Click to Enlarge

Next I picked out a cute frame and cut it out. 

stamp packaging frame
Click to Enlarge

I thought it would be a simple fun project. I wanted to cut out two frames.  One frame I wanted to make slightly larger than the printed frame and the other slightly smaller.  Next, I was going to sew the two frames to stamp packaging frame.  Just like that I thought I would have a beautiful and unique frame.

OK you might have guessed it wasn't simple at all.  First came the problem of cutting the frames.   I found cutting two frames to the exact size I wanted to be extremely hard and in the end I would say I failed.  I mean it doesn't look bad, but it's not an exact match.  Then I was to find there wasn't enough  plastic on the inside of the frame to sew to.  The inside frame is only attached to the other two by the 4 corner stitches and a little bit of glue.

When I finished here is what it looked like

handmade sewn frame
Click to Enlarge

I'm going to try something different with the stamp packaging tomorrow.

Have a Great Day and Happy Scrapbooking!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks fabulous!!! Loving that stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is picture perfect, love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every little detail is so elegant, awesome work there!

    ReplyDelete