Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Prima Doll Stamps

prima doll stamp
Click to Enlarge
Recently Susy and I purchased several new Prima Doll Stamps that I hadn't gotten the chance to color yet.  I was not going to let the fact that I do not have current use for the stamps stop me from playing with them. I stamped each one and plan to share them with you over the coming days.

I'm starting my show and tell with this beautiful stamp of a woman in her ball gown.

free large stamp block solution
Click to Enlarge
In a previous post I showed you how easy it is to use a ruler to make a free large stamp block.  In fact, we use a ruler for all our prima doll stamps becasue they do not fit on our traditional stamp blocks.   However, this doll is so big she did not fit on a ruler!  When I'm shopping for scrapbook supplies I seldom stop to think of questions like how will I actually use this stamp.  Luckily in this case I just put two rulers side by side for a truly massive 15x6 inch stamp block.

I really like this stamp, but did not do it justice.  Perhaps I'm to hard on myself but if you look at the bottom left panel of her gown you will notice that the blues are different than the other panels.  I picked up a wrong maker when on that section of the dress.  That mistake glares at me every time I look at my finished doll.

I do really like how the blue and green go together.  It wasn't to long ago that I got my 2 green Copic makers so I'm sure you will see many more green items in my stamped creations instead of stickily blue creations.

colored prima doll stamp
Click to Enlarge
On a side note my birthday is coming up on October 12.  I asked Susy for some more Copics.  I'm thinking browns, purples, and maybe a 3rd green, but I'll have to wait and see what she picks out.

Have a wonderfully scrappy day!



1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeee how it turned out!!! Great colors!! And Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete